User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Third Party Fun

Friday, October 08, 2004

Third Party Fun

Ralph Nader, our residential Douchebag-In-Chief, likes to tell us that the Republican Party and the Democrat Party are essentially the same thing, backed by corporate fat-cats. He says that we need to redo the Constitution so that we operate under a different system that would allow for more dissonant voices to be heard, namely, his. I think this is an awful idea, for a bunch of reasons, but I do think it would be fun if more random Third Party (NB: any party not D or R is a Third Party, no matter how many of them there are. We have lots of Third Parties, including the India Party.) candidates would put themselves in the public light so we can mock them. I'll admit, Nader does his part, that thing with the cape was pretty funny. But usually, they're fairly boring (it's TNR, so it might not work.) I do think this is a shame overall, but I do think that this year's candidates have done a fairly good job of being interesting.

But in case this ever changes, I hereby vow that if I do not get elected to office via the more traditional parties, I will find a better name for the India Party (oo-maybe it should just be a symbol, like the artist formerly known as Prince, who is now known as Prince again), make it official, and run for lots of things that way. I am committed to making politics interesting for all people.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr