User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Triumphs of the Weekend

Monday, June 06, 2005

Triumphs of the Weekend

-I won $65 at poker. You know how you have to know when to hold 'em and when to fold 'em? Well, I know when to fold 'em, but sometimes that time isn't the end of the tournament and I'm screwed. So really, this is a triumph of not falling asleep. And considering the amount of liquor that was involved, this is twice as impressive. So, at $20 per game, and three games I've played, I've now net'd $5. Woohoo!

-I made it to work today. Granted, it was an hour late, which made it 4pm, but I made it. This is a triumph because I had to hold 'em until 6am. And then I made good money without having to work my ass off. Woo!

-When one of the bartenders drove me home at midnight, he called me back to the car to tell me that a girl he dated used to live in my room, and had similar horror stories of Mr. Picky's weirdness. And since he dated her, he himself had stories. This is twice now that I've run into someone kind of random who has either lived here or visited here who has stories that begin with, "Oh my God, does that crazy guy still live here?" Sometimes I feel like I'm the crazy one, so having it reinforced that it's really not me is a good thing. I'm so excited to be moving out.

-I found this (thanks Meagan!) and I laughed my ass off.

-ONE MORE I FORGOT- My fortune cookie from the weekend: "You should be able to make money and hold on to it." I choose to view this as a "fortune" cookie and not a "sarcasm" cookie, thus the triumph.

Comments:
You just like that it has pictures of ducks.
 
I agree with Joel
 
Seriously, y'all didn't like it? How can you not? I still would have liked it even if no ducks had been featured. I think the word "llama" is a funny word, and it's just kind of fun.
 
$65? Atta girl! Next time you're in Indy, we'll have to get you to a poker night so you can show us Hoosiers how to play :)
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr