User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Misc Observations

Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Misc Observations

1. I love it when The Daily Show talks about things in DC. I'm so all over that shit. On the other hand, when they talk about things in the rest of the world, I'm totally lost because I haven't read a real paper in ... weeks? Alas.

2. Mr. Picky has a girlfriend. They had a sleepover last night. EEeeeeeeeewwwww!

3. My first conversation with her at 7:45 this morning, as she opened the door from inside his room just as I went to the kitchen to make my breakfast:
Her: I squished a truffle in my purse.

Me: Uhm-hm. (Inside thought - "Chocolate truffle or mushroom truffle? Wait, did she come out of his room? Did they have a SLEEPOVER! EW! Abort! Abort! Run Away!")

4. But I suppose this does mean that Mr. Picky's allowed to buy all the "gay" stuff from Ikea, since he can blame it on her. I don't think I blogged about it, but on my first trip to Ikea to buy my bed, he told me that he like to buy these "gay" things, but he needed to wait until he had another girlfriend, so he could blame it all on her. He also thinks the 3 foot lamps are floor lamps for midgets. Seriously.

5. Working on the Hill is just like being in a University. We have ID Cards. We have the plastic debit card. We have "Student Health." We have Rand. The way to attract people to your event is free food. We have random Administrators that do odd things, like restrict when I can throw things away. I had a meeting tonight that BEGAN at 9pm. And we have State Societies and Caucus that are very similar to sororities. They even play each other in softball.

6. I am a giant nerd. With the exception of AV Club and Chess Club, if it was dorky, I probably did it and held some kind of leadership office doing it. As part of my new job responsibilities, I have to learn html. Then my transformation will be complete.

7. I am taller than a significant number of women in this town. But their shoes are usually cuter.

8. I am taller than a surprising number of men in this town. I'm fairly sure my shoes are cuter. I'm also fairly sure that they were all on the Chess Club. And they stare at my breasts... through a suit.

9. The party does actually get together to discuss the party line. It's called a "caucus meeting." I was fascinated by it. (See #6.)

10. Note to Job Seekers: When asked for a writing sample, do not provide your thesis. Do not send your last 20 page paper. 3 pages. Max.

Comments:
Eww @ Mr. Picky's truffle-squishing girlfriend.

Speaking of Sig O's, how's Max?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr