User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: I Suppose It Doesn't Surprise Me

Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Hobo Diaries: I Suppose It Doesn't Surprise Me

Today, I received my 30 days notice from Mr. Picky. On a deeper level, I am not surprised, especially since I have already been looking for other housing.

I am a little pissed off, since he's been so passive aggressive about the whole thing. I left late this morning for work, it seemed like he was deliberately taking his time leaving after me. I suppose this is so he could put the notice on my door.

When he came home, I asked why I'm being kicked out, and he basically told me it's because there is no "improvement" in my
cleaning, and I never offer to help clean other things. I told him that there is no way I'd offer to do anything else, since he doesn't like the stuff that I already do, and I'm not willing to ask to be yelled at. Additionally, I did tell him that I don't like him going through my cabinets (which he denied, I skipped the part that I've seen him do it) or coming into my room (also denied, but how else does my stuff get moved around?). I also mentioned that I get frustrated that he doesn't listen to me, which, ironically, I'm not sure he heard since he was trying to talk over me when I said it.

My main problem now is that I really have no incentive to keep from pissing him off in the next month. Not that I'll go out of my way to do it, but I'm also not going out of my way to placate him like I usually do. Or hide from him.

So, unless he finds two people in the next month, he will have two empty rooms come July. And there's a reason. He seriously needs to live alone.

Comments:
I don't currently have a picture, and I'm trying to think how I could get one without making it weird. "Hello, pose for a picture please, so that I can show my friends what the freak that I've been living with looks like."

I took pictures of the Mansion bathroom and kitchen before I left, and I will do the same here. I will post them so we can contrast and compare. And for further reference, I will take picture of the current place on a "dirty" day. (Like with dishes left drying in the dish-rack).
 
I seriously think you need to leave a link to this blog when you move out. It would amuse me to know that he had seen this blog post-move-out.
 
As you stated, you have no incentive to placate him. Next time he's standing somewhere looking dour, just return with your digital camera. If he asks why you're taking his picture, tell him you wanted to post his picture on your blog, because all your friends want to know what he looks like.
 
I'm not entirely sure that he hasn't seen the blog already. I mean, it's only recently that I've blocked Google from the site, so when you Google me, it would be the first hit. That could be one of the reasons where all-of-a-sudden he couldn't live with me anymore.

That, or I leave dirty dishes in my room. I'm not allowed to leave them in the sink, and his suggestion of "just don't eat if you don't have time to clean" didn't work for me.

Now that he's showing my room to total strangers who might want to live there, I've left especially nasty dishes. Not on purpose, but I wasn't sorry that it happened...
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr