User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: You've Been Meme'd

Friday, May 20, 2005

You've Been Meme'd

Blah, blah, Jay meme'd me again, and I feel a compunction to answer the charge. Thus:

You're stuck inside Fahrenheit 451, which book do you want to be?
No one knows what the hell this means. Jay said he was following precedent by going with book he hated, and I'm okay with that. No contest - Portrait of an Artist as a Young Man by James Joyce. The only book in the entirety of my high school career that I didn't read. (And I'm including those science textbooks.) I truly loathe that book.

Have you ever had a crush on a fictional character?
Not really, if we're talking about fictional characters that live in books. In retrospect, I have definitely had crushes on idealized version of people I knew. So those kinds of fictional characters, yes.

The last book you bought is:
I have no idea. I read a lot of magazines (TIME) and blogs and newspapers and library books and books that are given to me, and seriously, I think the last book I purchased was Dan Savage's Skipping Towards Gomorrah for Joel's Christmas present 2003. The last book I bought for my own self was the last Harry Potter. What can I say, I'm a girl on a budget?

The last book you read is:
See, again with the TIME and the newspapers, I work very hard to stay abreast of current events, it's not much different than being in college. There's a lot to read everyday... and then there's the bad TV that must be watched. I mean, Buffy reruns wait for no one. Suffice to say, I think the last two actual book books I read were the last two books I bought.

What are you currently reading?
Oo, an easy one. Founding Brother, non-fiction. It's about, well, the founding of the country. I stole it from the boy.

Five books you would take to a deserted island:
1. Pride and Prejudice - Because if I read it a few more times, I will have the whole thing memorized.

2. The Science of Mind Textbook by Ernest Holmes - If stuck on a desert island, that would keep me occupied. It's kind of a religious philosophy book, and I'd have plenty of time to ponder it.

3. Complete Short Stories of Mark Twain - Because laughing is fun, even on a desert island.

4. Little Women - Because I go for the old classics. Given more of a selection, I'd also bring along my Dickens and my Dumas.

5. Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man - If I run out of fuel for the fire, I'd like to be prepared. And it's the only book that I have no trouble torching.
Who are you going to pass this stick to (3 persons), and why? Michael because he claims not to read. And I'm rebelling agains the 3 rule, and only giving it to Michael because the other people I'd send it to don't have blogs. Yet.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr