User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Wednesdays With Marlin

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Wednesdays With Marlin

I totally remember what I was going to post about yesterday that had me laughing so hard.

For those of you that don't know yet, Marlin Caddell is this kid who writes a weekly column for the University of Alabama's student newspaper, The Crimson White. And he is basically the definition of a crazy religious whackjob, with the best part being that I think he honestly believes that he is a) smart and b) doing a good thing by exposing people to Jesus. I've linked to his blog over there on the right, which I adore, but only because it's a continuation of the insanity.

His columns are always unintentional comedy. This week's column, The anti-Watchman is unleashed (I think it's supposed to be anti-Watchman like anti-Christ) is pee-your-pants funny. The whole column is as if he's mocking himself, and it just somehow compounds the crazy and brings the whole thing to new levels never thought possible.

(Be sure to read the comments left on the bottom of the page, those are often the best part. My personal favorites are always written by Dale Whiteman, who though thought dead in 2001 in a tragic Jim Beam mishap, has taken mocking Marlin to new and improved levels).

And then, if that weren't enough, read Marlin's blog post where he responds to some of the comments people left him. My favorite part:
Simple-minded fool. hmm... I guess my high GPA, two internships, journalism awards, etc. don't add anything to my credentials. I guess I'm just a redneck from hickville who by sheer luck got lost and ended up in Tuscaloosa.
Seriously, if you can get through this whole thing without laughing, I am impressed. Marlin is filled with something, and I'm thinking it's not Christ's love.

While you are on his site, be sure to check the archives where he posts a picture of his cock chicken.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr