User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Waitress Diaries: What Did You Do This Weekend?

Monday, May 30, 2005

Waitress Diaries: What Did You Do This Weekend?

The thing about waiting tables is that my weekends are not the same as everyone else's weekends. My week starts on Wendesday and runs until Sunday. Except, of course, when everyone else has Monday off, then I get to work then too.

But I make excellent money. I definitely work for it, but that's definitely preferrable to sitting on my ass and not getting paid. Somedays, I barely keep my head above water, but if I can just manage not to go under, I'll be okay. I may have to develop a realtionship with a massage parlour, but I'll be okay.

The best part about working where I do is that half the waitstaff also works on the Hill. I see them in the halls, which is kind of cool. I mean, who knew that this job that I only wanted for the monetary aspect would turn out to be beneficial that other thing that I want to do? It also makes hanging out when we have nothing to do more fun, since they are smart people who pay attention to world events. And there are a lot of times when we have nothing to do.

In other news, I had my first peach of the season today. I love peaches, and this one was quite good. (I waited until now for the first peach purchase so they would be nice and ripe and not all fake and crunchy). It feels kind of weird that it's the end of May and if the temperature gets up to 70 degrees, I get excited. I'm used to serious sweating by this time in May. I've heard about the abysmal heat and humidity in DC, but I have yet to experience it.

Good money, good peaches and beautiful weather. What's not to love about DC?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr