User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: MIA

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Hobo Diaries: MIA

I'm in California until Wednesday. I needed to get my teeth cleaned, pick up some summer clothes (I tell you, that wool sweater is just not doing it for me anymore), and spent some QT with my momma. It was also the weekend of the big fundraiser for the Youth Group at my church, and since I sort of began that fundraiser nine years ago, and I had to pick a random weekend, I picked this one. I also enjoy being home more when I have something to do, and I'm not just an add-on to the rest of family life. I like having a purpose in my life.

As the fundraiser finished today, I'm exhaused (If you ever need help hosting an event that needs to feed 200 people, I'm totally The Master. Three years of college band camp, plus nine years of church fundraisers, I know what to do.) But I get to eat a lot of good food that I didn't pay for, and just generally get taken care of for a few days.

And my bed at home is fabulous. I'm still sleeping on the flip-n-fucks in DC, and it's definitely starting to make my bad hurt. It feels so good to be back on a quality matress. My credit card and I might have to have a conversation about buying a real matress soon.

UPDATE: I just read my post, and two new thoughts occured to me:
1. I've been meme'd again by Jay, and it has to do with books, which means I need a few days to think about it. I like books. (The other problem is, I'm not entirely sure what I'm supposed to do with this meme. That's more what I need to think about.)
2. This post needs to be seriously edited. The fun part about a blog is I get to have thoughts. The bad part is that those thoughts need to be in a sequential order if I'm going to tell them to other people, and my thoughts don't happen that way. I think in logic spirals. It gets worse when I'm tired. So, I'm sorry if I made no sense.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr