User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: I Heart Nashville

Friday, April 15, 2005

I Heart Nashville

I'm in Nashville this weekend because I'm a bridesmaid in yet another wedding of friends from college. I suppose it would be better to say that I love Vanderbilt, because every time I come back here, I feel all warm and fuzzy.

I walked into Morgan this morning to go to the Munchi, and it smells like home. I needed to go to Garland to check my email, and my feet automatically took me here. Some things are new and different, like the nail salon in Branscomb, but the places that I knew and loved are still unchanged.

Oh, and a word to all the alumni - the band alumni have been talking about raising money among ourselves to bring the band building up to code - the amount of mold in the building is truly disgusting - since if a health inspector ever decided to inspect it, the building would be condemned and we'd have no home. The Alumni Band President sat down with some administration people to talk about this, and the administration people said that all donations from now on are going to the Residential Housing projects until they are completed. No more earmarking your donations. I personally am against that idea, so I will not be giving money back to the University at large until I get to say where it goes. I will be writing my checks directly to University Bands or Vandy Debate or whatever. (Because NOT donating doesn't seem to be an option in my head.)

But I love it here still. So pretty. I'm going to go sit on the lawn and do the crossword in my flip-flops.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr