User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: I think I'm going to start glowing...

Thursday, March 03, 2005

I think I'm going to start glowing...

For the first time in my life, I have a television in my bedroom. This is sort of a good thing because it allows me to hide out in my room for long periods of time. Hiding out allows me to avoid random and boring conversations about cleaning the kitchen.

My male roommate - henceforth known as Mr. Picky - definitely talked to me during the West Wing yesterday. I responded with "mmmmms" a lot, but I'm going to have to say something about the "No Talking During West Wing" rule eventually. It wouldn't be so bad if it were important, but it was weird details about why he disconnected the internet so that he could dust his room more thoroughly. Um, not checking my email during the West Wing anyway, so I don't care. But I had to hear aaaaaall about all the past internet problems, including some issues with the last wireless account that was not password protected. During a commercial, I mentioned that a) I have a Mac and b) I'm not worried about most viruses. He shakes his head and says that I should be vigilant, since viruses attack all machines equally. I let the subject drop, but it's a HUGE pet peeve of mine when Windows people think they know all about my computer. I promise, you don't understand, and I don't hold it against you. I may not let you use my machine, but I don't hold it against you. But Macs are not the same as Windows, they don't have the same operating systems, and they work differently. Deal with it. But can I say these things? No, because they are rude.

I spend my days on the computer writing things, and usually the TV is also on because two glowing screens make me feel less insane. But also this appears to mean "I'm not doing anything, please engage me in meaningless conversation."

I'm just stir-crazy. If I don't get a job soon, I'm going to change my career goals to "trophy wife." If I succeed at that goal, I imagine my days will be much the same, only with less computer and more shopping. (Come to think of it, why I haven't I seriously considered this before? Oh yeah, neverending, unrelenting ambition. If I could only transfer that to a desire to be "Voluneer of the Year," I'd be in business. Smith Point, here I come!)

Comments:
CONSTANT VIGILANCE!

"Mad Eye" Moody
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr