User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: Updates

Thursday, March 24, 2005

Hobo Diaries: Updates

So, I've had both a phone interview and an in person job interview. They both went quite well, and I'm hoping for all kinds of good things. The funny thing was when they gave me a computer test. Computer tests always make me giggle because they include questions like "Save the Document." Um, right. Now, on some of these computerized computer tests, the questions can be complicated, and sometimes I don't understand what they are asking me to do. But I still score in the 80s because I grew up with computers, and I've spent way too much time on my laptop ever since I've owned one.

I have trouble not laughing at them when they ask me if I can use MS Word. I want to respond, "I graduated ten months ago. Do you honestly think I could have made it through a Top 20 University without masterful knowledge of MS Word? And do I really need a typing test? I can type in my sleep - I know this, because I've done it. You write some crazy stuff when you're typing in your sleep, I tell you what."

But I can't say that. And they don't really care, the test is mandatory. But this test was given to me by the IT guy, and I got a perfect score. He confided in me that I was miles ahead of the girl he tested yesterday, she couldn't even create a new folder on the C Drive. I think he was biased because he's from Tennessee, and he liked that I went to Vandy. Of course, he's not a Vandy fan himself (he's from Knoxville - shudder) but still, in the job market business, I'm strong enough to keep my mouth shut. So I made some noncommittal noise and switched to basketball. This might be why he gave me a perfect score - I made mistakes, but he liked me. We shall see.

And in other news, I bought a desk. So now I have a bed with no mattress, and a desk with no chair. I'm awesome. But furniture is exciting, I'm starting to feel like I actually live here. All that's left (aside from the mattress and chair) is a dresser and wall art. All the things that I brought with me that can go on the wall say "Vanderbilt" and while I may use some of it, I'd like to get some actual framed, non college affiliated stuff on the walls first. Good times.

UPDATE: The interview did in fact go quite well. It's now a reference race between me and another person. My references aren't calling back, which is sad. Well, except for Dr. Sagen, once again making band work-stucy one of the smartest moves in my college career. I rock.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr