User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: Mr. Picky

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hobo Diaries: Mr. Picky

For some weird reason, the circuit breaker panel for our apartment is in my room. And for reasons unknown to me, it is a two-and-a-half long panel on a wall in the back of the room. This would be fine, but the room is small, and it's where I want to put a bedside table. Today, we had to call the pumbers to fix something with our hot water pump, and we had to switch off the thing that makes the water hot, so I had to move the little table. Rather than sweep the alarm clock and the picture of my mother on to the bed and throw the bedside table on top of them, I took my time. This was not good enough for Mr. Picky.

I'm supposed to keep that area more accessible in case of emergency. What, I ask you, is the kind of emergency that requires instant access to the circuit breaker board? I can't think of any, which is why many circuit breakers are located in basements or far away outside walls. So I think I will ignore this instruction. I'm already not allowed to have popcorn, I will concede defeat in the rest of the apartment, but I will arrange my furniture according to my instincts, not his pretend firecode obsessions.

Otherwise, I'm going to have to rebel passive aggressively and leave a spoon in the sink.

Comments:
ooooooooo you rebel you!

Michael
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr