User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: Looking For The Bird In The Hand

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Hobo Diaries: Looking For The Bird In The Hand

This morning I had a 15 minute phone interview with the HR people in head office in Atlanta for the job that I've already had two interviews for and that I was desperately trying to send a fax to on Monday morning. It wasn't as much of a slam dunk as my other two interviews, but two points it two points whether you dunk it or it rolls around the rim for a while and finally drops. It also didn't help that my cell phone hung up on us during the course of the conversation. I should also mention that my cell phone hung up on me during the first phone interview for this job. (Side note: I hate Cingular. I hereby swear that in the rest of my cell phone life, I will never, ever go back to this company. My children will not own Cingular phones, and any company that I have a controlling influence on will not use Cingular. In fact, one of the questions I will use to screen employees will be what service they use, and if they use Cingular, well, that's just a tick in the "no" column.) I may have to go yell at a Cingular person in a store and throw the phone at their head. That should solve my dropped call problem.

I have no idea when they will get back to me. I asked that question, and I got a non-answer. That's never a good thing. Also, I have not yet met the people that I would be working with, which is a serious oversight in the application process in my opinion. That was the other question I asked, and I couldn't get a real answer to that either. That's kind of bad for a company, and does not make me want to go sing their praises to the masses. But if they offer me a nice job, that's a different story entirely. It's my bird in the hand.

(The birds in the bush, if you wondered, is that I have a job interview on the Hill next week. I have a feeling I'll get offered the Bellsouth thing before the end of the Hill job process, and yes, I'd take the Bellsouth job if offered. Hence the bird hand/bush metaphor. And it just occured to me that this metaphor is kind of sexual. I need to get out more.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr