User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: Hobo No Mo' (Part Two)

Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Hobo Diaries: Hobo No Mo' (Part Two)

So I have moved into my own apartment, and out of the Mansion. (Interesting note - the day after I moved out, one of the guys set fire to a pan of oil on an electric stove. I have no idea how this happened.) For those of you DC folk, I'm now living in Eastern Market, about two blocks from the market itself and not much further from the Metro. It's a small apartment; my bedroom is definitly bigger than a Vandy single, but I'm not really sure it's bigger than a Vandy double. But it is cheap, and I'm within walking distance to the Capitol Hill office buildings. Thus, when I do manage to get employed, I'll be able to walk to work. Hooray!

I'm living with two random people from Craiglist. One of them is a 50 year old union worker from West Virginia. The colors he picked from the living room are bright yellow, orange and pink. Yesterday, when we were at Ikea, he picked up some random things and said that he needed to get a new girlfriend so he could buy "gay" things. Um, right. He also picked up matching flowers for the living room. He talks a lot, slowly, and a lot of it is boring. And he talks when I watch TV, so I think this is going to be a problem while watching the West Wing. I don't want to be rude, but there is no talking during the West Wing, and I'm not sure how to bring up the subject. And I no longer have TiVo, so I can't just back it up. He's also a clean freak, and picky enough about how things should be properly cleaned put some people to shame. There is a black binder with all the proper procedures. (He does most of it himself, since most roommates just don't care. I'm okay with this system because as long as the trash isn't getting thrown on the floor, I'm golden.)

The other chick is 22 and foreign. She's from Belaruse, or something like that. We haven't talked much. We share a bathroom, and most of our conversation has pretty much been about that. He doesn't like her all that much, but she doesn't really pay any attention to him. She also doesn't like cleaning, apparently.

So I've moved into my own room, and I'm sleeping on two flip'n'fucks shoved together with a sheet over them. We went to Ikea yesterday and I bought a bed - regular price $250, my price $140 from the "As Is" room. I rock. Only, I'm missing the screws, and I have no matress, so it's still the flip'n'fuck for me. But owning it makes me feel warm and fuzzy. (Ignore the fact that I don't really have $140. I have plastic. And good credit...for now...)

I'm slowing checking off the list of things to do to make me all grown up. The last big thing is the job. Ironically, the first thing on the list will be the last to be checked off. Mmmm, irony....

Comments:
First of all, forgive me for not knowing what flip 'n fuck is. Please elaborate. Secondly, your two roommates sound like highly interesting people. I would encourage you to devote some serious time to them.
 
You are hereby invited to watch West Wing at my apartment.

I am crazy about the whole no talking thing.

Whitley
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr