User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: A Halloween Surprise

Tuesday, March 29, 2005

A Halloween Surprise

So last night I was dorking around on the internets, and my good friend Kristen sends me an IM. As she is never on line, this was neat in an of itself, and then she said that she had news.

"Really?" I said. "Are you pregnant?"

"Yes," said Kristen, thus weirding me out much more than any number of friends tying the knot. I mean, half of my friends are pretty much already married, just lacking that ceremony and the paperwork. So it's no big deal when that last hoop gets clear. Exciting and fun and worthy of a massive celebration, yes, but not so much jaw-dropping. People my age should not be making babies, and to be making babies intentionally is just amazing.

But at the same time, I am thrilled for them. It will be weird to think of Kristen and Will as "parents," but I cannot wait to see this beautiful blonde baby. And I'm also looking forward to seeing Kristen all fat and pregnant, as this will be the one time in her stick-figure life that she will weigh more than I do. And she is very, very excited, which is also nice.

As of now, she's 9 weeks pregnant with a due date on Halloween. Which means by the next Vanderbilt Homecoming, there will be one more tiny band baby.

Congratulations Kristen and Will. I wish you all the best.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr