User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Dan rocks

Thursday, March 31, 2005

Dan rocks

For those of you that don't read Dan Savage religiously (and you all should, he's fabulous) -

Last week you gave good advice to a 15-year-old boy who wanted to know how to get girls. How about some advice for us 15-year-old girls? Surely you must know something about getting a guy. ;)
Girls Also Longing

The first bit of advice I have for you, GAL, is this: Don't abuse semicolons and close-parentheses like that. It's extremely unattractive. God did not give us those useful punctuation marks so that teenage girls could fashion them into winking smiley faces. Is that understood? Good. As for advice on getting a guy, I would like to invite my adult female readers to share their insights. Ladies: What do you know now that you wish you knew when you were 15? I will print the best three responses in an upcoming column. [FIN]


I love it.

And on the subject of things that I wish I knew when I was 15 - the apparent fascination with boobs will not wane, though they will get better about hiding it. And no, not all of them will manage to grow up, so it's a good idea idea to practice guy friend triage and focus on those who will. Also, keep in mind that some of them will get significantly taller, so use your temporary size advantage sparingly. (On a related note, they will not get smarter. But they will get larger, so use your intellectual advanage sparingly as well.) But don't worry, college will rock, and then whatever happened in high school really ceases to matter.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr