User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: Cell Phones Suck

Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Hobo Diaries: Cell Phones Suck

I have quite a lot to do today, since yesterday was mostly spent discovering that while T-Mobile workers are a bunch of idiots, Cingular is insane. You see, I want to switch from T-Mobile t o Cingular, but I want to keep my number. (I have a 615 number left over from school). Apparently, for reasons I don't understand, T-Mobile can do this but Cingular cannot. However, I found this out only after walking 5 miles to three different Cingular stores in my area. (Uphill both ways, young grasshopper.) So, new plan: I still have the old number under the T-Mobile grace period for another week. I am going to get a Cingular phone today with a new 202 number, put the new number on all my job things, and say goodbye to Nashville area codes.

(P.S. I have also solved the obesity problem in America. Fat people - build public transportation, and then sell your cars. One car per two families is really all that is necessary. Take the Metro to your daily errands, or if it is less than the Metro goes, walk it. Then you can eat as much bread AND bacon as you like. You will lose weight, I promise. I call it the Car-Counting Diet. I will never get the support of the Auto-Workers Union.)

But can I go do this right now? No, because there's an old black man upstairs installing a dishwasher that actually cleans dishes (gasp!). This is really awesome, since I'm tired of washing them by hand, but I'd like to shower/leave the house, and I really don't feel comfortable doing that right now.

The housemate who turned the rent check in this month mentioned the dishwasher that shits on the plates, but she failed to tell them about the stove that sets itself on fire or the fridge that drips water all over the floor. One new appliance at a time, I suppose. And at least I won't have to wash the dishes by hand anymore. Yay!



Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr