User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Oh, yeah, Eastern Time

Monday, November 15, 2004

Oh, yeah, Eastern Time

While my body long ago made the switch from Pacific time to Eastern time, my mental math is still a bit fuzzy. I still add two hours to figure out what time it is in Nashville, rather than subtracting one. (Damn subtraction.) This morning, I'm up unusually early because Steve needed me to drive him to the car place to pick up his no-longer-busted Saab, and I'm totally thrown off.

Usually, the first thing I do in the morning is check my email. Then I check Wonkette, Andrew Sullivan, the blogs, TNR and Slate. Sometimes I wait until the afternoon for Slate, since they post new stuff later in the day. In California, no matter how early I get up, everyone else has already been up for hours, giving me plenty to read, but now that I'm in Eastern time, and it's not even 9 here yet, there's nothing new from yesterday. So, I supposed I'll go shower, eat, get dressed, and then hopefully it will be time for the rest of the world to entertain me.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr