User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

Friday, November 26, 2004

It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year

I have a confession: I really wanted to come home for Thanksgiving not so much for the bird and the family (I did just leave here two weeks ago) as I did for the Day After Thanksgiving Shopping. I mean, eventually, I'll get a new city all cased out, but after 8 years, I've got LA down to a Science. By 10:30 today, I was totally done with my Christmas shopping. D-U-N done.

Of course, I started at 5:30, also know as the Ass Crack Of Dawn. It was indeed dark when we left. And God said, Let There Be Shopping, and It Was Good.

And the deals were fabulous. I had a great time heating up the credit card. I love doing this, because I get to spend all day thinking about my friends and what they would like. Some people have themes in my head, and this is the time of year that I find random things that fit in this theme. Sometimes it works, and my friends say, Oh This is Great! Where Did You Ever Find This Fabulous Thing!?! Sometimes, they have to fake it. I like to think that I hit more than I miss, but maybe my friends are just good actors. It was kind of a bummer this year because I had to limit my budget (damn unemployment), so I excluded people who's gifts would have to be mailed. I bought really awesome Christmas cards (buy one get one free, which is good, because I know a lot of people.) but it's just not the same. Maybe I'll come up with really awesome flat things.

I think I've done well this year. There are a couple of gifts in particular that I'm extremely excited to give (and would have given already except for that pesky rule about Christmas not coming before Thanksgiving. Christmas comes prompty after Halloween, didn't you know?) When I was a kid, the idea that it's better to give that to receive was totally over my head, but now I sort of get it. Except when I receive really awesome gifts. And everyone knows that the best gifts to get are things that you really like but would never buy for yourself. I love buying those for people.

It's the Most Wonderful Time Of The Year. And now I'm exhaused. Time for napping.

Comments:
In the above comment, Charlie make a joke about how my breasts would make good flat things. I deleted him.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr