User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Holy Grilled Cheese, Batman!

Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Holy Grilled Cheese, Batman!

Two Issues with a story on Slate titled "The $28K Sandwich That Grew No Mold - How the Virgin Mary's grilled cheese stayed mold-free for 10 years":

First, someone paid $28K for a Grilled Cheese Sandwhich that supposedly has a likeness of the Virgin Mary. Why would you do this. It's not an investment. (Not to mention that I can't see it, but then I'm sort of hazy on what the VM is supposed to look like on fried bread.)

Second, Slate wrote a story on it. I'm sort of hoping it's one of those things that people do because they're excited that they can get paid for weird shit. "I have the bestjobever! I get to write stories about people auctioning off Holy Sandwhiches on eBay! Screw you Corporate America!"

And now I'm linking to it. Am I part of the problem? Yes. But isn't the first step recognition?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr