User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Hobo Diaries: The Search for the Internets

Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Hobo Diaries: The Search for the Internets

Well, I have moved into my permanent temporary housing now. I like the Mansion (the official name of the house), and as I settle into my permanent temporary status, I’m trying to grasp all the things that I need to take care of now. Job, apartment, apartment, job, WHICH COMES FIRST!!

Today, I attempted to do both, but the internet is all funky at the Mansion right now, so the search is on to wander around the city to steal free internet. For all the DC people, I’d tell you to email any good free spots, but since I have to first find them in order to check my email, that’s not a good plan. Looking for jobs and apartments sans internet is rather difficult, so I hope we get the wiring all fixed up in the Mansion soon. Tonight, I will volunteer to be the official harasser of the internet provider, since I can’t really do much else until I’m plugged back into the Man, I mean, the internet.

I did get a call today from my old boss at SCE who is also trying to get a job on the Hill and he gave me a couple of good leads for new members from California to FedEx stuff to their offices, which is exciting. Naturally, I’m also sending stuff to Barack Obama, because I’m in love with him, but so is everyone else, so those jobs will be harder to land. But hey, I have a good resume, and hope springs eternal. At least I’m not an actress.

The other positive thing is that all the other residents of the Mansion are really nice, and perfectly happy to have me bum around for a while, especially since I’m reducing their share of utilities. To say that I was afraid that they wouldn’t like me isn’t exactly right, but I was afraid that they would not like another person around. I need not have worried, as a more laid back group of folks would be difficult to find. This once again proves the statement that the friends of my friends are my friends.

Goals of Today: Find the Internet so I can check my email
-Fed Ex new members of Congress, to be followed up with harassing phone calls
-Buy soap so I can continue to be clean

Goals of Tomorrow: Wander the city and look for apartment
-Spend no more money

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr