User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: WTF, The Slate?

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

WTF, The Slate?

The Onion sometimes gets scarily close to the actual truth for a magazine supposedly based in satire (not unlike the Daily Show). But I was under the distinct impression that the Slate, the online and written sister of NPR, was supposed to be about real news. So, while I am greatly amused by the tale of the scientist who created Frankenbush, I'm also a little freaked.

Related: Someone needs to be Frankenbush for Halloween. And then go to a swing state and spout dire warnings about terrorism. (And for the record, I did attempt to work in the sad fact that Kerry sort of resembles the classic image of Frankenstein, but I just couldn't manage it. "Frankenkerry" had too many syllables, for starters, and then I just lost it. Were this 2000, I'd have Frankenbush v. RoboGore, the robot sent back from the 26th century, or whatever, to save us from our impending doom. But we're in 2004, and I'm not witty today.)

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr