User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Road Trip?

Monday, October 11, 2004

Road Trip?

So, my time at the shit job is coming to an end. My contract runs out on Friday, and clearly, they have no more work for me to do (though my presence does allow people to take REALLY long lunch breaks sometimes). So then the difficult question becomes, what do I do with myself now?

After Friday, I have no job and no place to live outside of my parent's house, which, incidently, is driving me crazy. I pretty much have two options, they way I see it. Go to DC and annoy my friends, or random road trips to swing states. The theory behind the latter is that it might help me in the event of a Kerry Administration, not to mention that it would be a blast. My mother's best friend's brother has flown to Florida from Oregon to do this (why he couldn't stay in his own swing state is beyond me), and my mother is telling me that I ought to seriously consider doing this as well. It would be totally un-India, in that there would be no fall-back plan, and probably very expensive. If I had a partner in crime, I wouldn't hesitate, but doing it alone is another thing entirely.

Oh, and I'm considering driving to Tempe, AZ for the last debate. It's only 6 hours, give or take. See above comment about a partner in crime. I've also considered going to Illinois and being a Barak groupie, but I think there are already too many of those. Edwards/Obama 2012!!

Conclusion: The chickens are restless. (Bonus points to anyone who gets that reference)

I do need to decide what city I'll be in for the first week in November since I do plan on a Vandy Homecoming visit, and even though it seems far away, it really isn't. Options are awesome, unless you don't know which one to pick. I may just eenie, meenie, miney, mo this one and see what state I end up in.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr