User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: A Non Political Post. Holy Crap.

Monday, October 11, 2004

A Non Political Post. Holy Crap.

I have a dark secret: I don't really like rap, and I don't really like angry white boy music, but I sort of like Eminem. He's totally rude and he mocks all kinds of cultural icons and I love it (but not that stuff where he talks about beating women. There just isn't any justification for that.) I liked the D-12 song, and he's got a new one called "Just Lose It." It's sort of stuck in my head. I'm a little ashamed of myself. I bought the Flickerstick album to make up for it.

Also, Britney Spears has a new song out called "My Perogative." First of all, I want to know what rhymes with "Perogative". Then, I want to know if she knows what it means. Looking at the video, the answers are 1) not much 2) sort of. A better title for this video could have been "It's My Life Bitch! [So Leave Me Alone About That Good-Girl Image I Used To Have! I'm Trying To Channel Madonna! And SO What If I Married A Guy Who Left His BabyMomma With One On The Way!]" or "Hey E! Fuck off!" I suppose those didn't work well with the focus groups. Either way, the song is awful. Go watch it. launch.yahoo.com.

(Does the music industry have focus groups? Am I hopelessly mired in political imagery?)


Comments:
Three things: First of all, you act like I have better things to do that pay attention to Britney Spears. I do not.

Secondly, I am not a Britney fan, though I do like the Toxic song, but that's because of the violins.

Lastly, I don't listen really to Top 40. I listen to NPR in the car, and when they stop being interesting, I switch to classic rock, and then motown, and then if all other options are exhaused, I turn to Top 40. How did I find Britney? I am doing this at work via launch.yahoo.com. They tell me the top 10 videos, and I look at them. Rinse, repeat, try it again tomorrow.
 
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
 
You didn’t mention it so I will…

“My Prerogative” was originally preformed by Bobby Brown (Whitney Houston’s coked out husband) and, I think, is considered his only hit.

Now THERE’S someone Britney can really look up to.

~Whitley~
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr