User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Nader Watch: Lyndon LaRouche Wants a Cape Too!

Friday, October 15, 2004

Nader Watch: Lyndon LaRouche Wants a Cape Too!

Oh my goodness, I am so excited. TNR has an article that not only is anti-Nader, they also talk about the crazy Third Parties who disrupt his event! SO EXCITED! Money Quote:
One young LYM member stuffs a piece of paper in my hand--a "report" titled "LaRouche Youth Expose Naderites as Fascists"--and explains that LaRouche has endorsed John Kerry. His cultlike followers, who were omnipresent during the Democratic primaries, regularly disrupting public events, have now devoted themselves to making sure Nader doesn't tilt the election to Bush. Granted, the LaRouchies are crazy and argue that "the Nader operation is a left-synarchist fascist operation in support of the very same genocidal program as the Cheney-Bush regime," but they also explain to impressionable young voters at Nader events that it is a "lie that there is no difference between Kerry and Bush." As scary as it may be, on the Nader campaign trail, the LaRouchies are the voice of reason.

*I skipped some stuff for spacial reasons*

A young man, concerned about a reinstatement of the draft, asks Nader if he doesn't think it's imperative that Bush be defeated. "It seems like Kerry is the one who won't get my ass blown up," he says. Later, another student tells Nader at a book signing, "I would support you, but you took money from the Republicans." By the time the LaRouchies disrupt the event--with hecklers shouting "you're lying!" and two kids wearing giant Bush and Cheney masks screaming "Vote for Nader"--it seems a good portion of the audience is on their side.


AND this article mentions the Peace and Freedom Party of California. SO EXCITED!

I love it when I read things that I have already said in an established and respected news source. I am going to print this article out and put it on my wall.

Full Disclosure: When we were going on our cruise to Alaska, the boat left from a dock in Portland. In the Portland airport, there was a man in a LaRouche booth trying to get supporters and money. I took a picture with him because of an article my friend Charlie had written when he worked for the Crimson White in Tuscaloosa. I noticed/liked at the time that LaRouche was both for himself and for Kerry, i.e. anti-Bush. I didn't realize he was also anti-Nader. I would have talked to him more were that the case. So excited. And I just can't hide it.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr