User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: One in the Hand?

Wednesday, September 08, 2004

One in the Hand?

So, I wrote two posts yesterday, and the internet ate them. Damn the internet.

Today, I got offered a job. Sort of. My boss at the shit job called me into his office today and asked if I had considered staying on California. They like the work that I do, and they think I would be a fantastic permanent addition to the department. Obviously, I told him that I’m planning on moving to DC in the near future, but I’m sort of reconsidering. That whole one-in-the-hand thing is messing me up. See, it’s not like the organization I work for is unworthy. I work in the Accounting Department in the Westside Regional Center. The footer on our letterhead says, “Committed to Providing Support and Services to People with Developmental Disabilities.” Basically, the State of California gives money to people with developmental disabilities (we call them “clients,” a term that I plan to continue using, since it is a good neutral term) and WRC manages it for them. It’s a good cause…I just don’t want to be a) in the Accounting Department or b) continue as a bitch, er, Administrative Assistant. Of course I do this job well. A trained monkey could do this job well, and I’d like to think that I’m a better employee than a trained monkey. Plus, I spent four years refining the art of ass kissing.

Staying here and working would be a far easier road than moving to DC. I would definitely definitely get pissed off and go to law school, which might be a good overall thing. But then, I’d still be wanting to go to DC, and then I’d have even more money to pay back, and I wouldn’t be young or uneducated enough to be alright starting at the bottom. So, I’d only be delaying the current issues I have with the status quo. Sigh…

Maybe I should just get married, live in a trailer and make babies. But no, that wouldn’t pay off the loans either. What’s a girl to do?



Comments:
It was my current job, with perhaps the possibilty to move up...later. I rejected it.
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr