User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Invoking the J word

Thursday, September 09, 2004

Invoking the J word

There are some people who think that politics is boring. I do not understand these people. Campaigns are by far the most interesting things ever, though I will admit that learning about how your pancreas can accidentally start to ingest your scrotum has a level of fascination. (For any and all questions about that, I suggest you contact Matt Israel. The above sentence nicely summarizes all I know about that particular topic.) Not only do we once again have politicians challenging each other to duels, Alan Keyes has essentially asked the people of Illinois WWJD? Actually, to be fair, Keyes does not ask the question, he just tells voters what Jesus would NOT do: Jesus would not vote for Barack Obama because Obama kills babies.

Now, I should mention that Barack Obama is my favorite politician. I want to work for him/have his babies (too bad he already has children). He gave a fantastic speech at the DNC, which is why I like him. I like politicians who understand the art of speech giving. It's a lost art, and I would love to see Barack do well because he has mastered it. Plus, he's not crazy, which brings us back to Alan Keyes, who tried to tell voters that Obama was anti-black. WTF, Alan?

But by far the best part is when the reporters asked Alan Keyes who Jesus would vote for in the upcoming Senate election, Keyes himself or a third party candidate. Keyes responded that it was up for the voters to decide. (Keyes only knows what Jesus doesn't like, he hasn't a clue as to what Jesus does like.)

In a way, I sort of feel bad for Keyes. The RNC couldn't find anyone sane to run against Obama because no one sane wants to spend time and money in a race that they know they are going to lose. So, the RNC looked around for its resident bunch of crazies, eliminated those working in the White House, and shipped in Keyes from Maryland. They figure it's less embarrassing to have Keyes running than to have Obama unopposed. Then, at least Obama has to campaign for himself rather than for Kerry. I suppose Keyes is happy, because he's at least in the papers. So, I don't feel sorry for Keyes, I feel sorry for the people running his campaign.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr