User-agent: * Disallow: / Hurricane I: Brett Austin By Another Name

Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Brett Austin By Another Name

Another Economist In Search Of Hate Mail

My favorite part is where he refutes his own argument. But, like Bush, he's always right. Yet another candidate for the SmartestManEver Title.

(I will try to find the Brett Austin article from the Torch. But the Torch sucks, so I doubt they have a decent website I can link to. Yes I ended a sentence with a preposition. Deal with it.)

Update on Brett Austin: I google'd him, but the closest thing I found was Jacob Grier telling me that the Torch has dropped that article into an abyss. Damn. A dollar for anyone who can produce the article. If you mail me a hard copy (of the original paper), I will also mail you a batch of cookies.

Comments:
Yeah, that article was removed after I was no longer editor. And while the cookies are tempting and I would enjoy the irony of being the one to receive them, I don't have any hard copies at my present location.

Steven Landsburg's a fun economist and his books are good for teaching about the economic way of thinking. He should have mentioned that voting can still make sense as a consumption good, even if one's vote has virtually no chance of mattering.

-- Jacob Grier
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

flickr